Smith wins big at Punta Gorda Speedway

Super Late Models took to the track for 100 laps with Daryl Shellnut on the pole and Mike Smith outside. Shelnut took the early lead while smith was right there challenging him to take over the lead. Lap ten, Smith was able to get up to Shelnuts door and try to make the pass when Smith was spun right in front of the pack. Shelnut was sent to the rear and all cars were able to continue which gave the lead over to Smith. Joe Boyd was able to get by Anderson for second and had his sights on Smith till almost the halfway mark. Boyd was trying to pass Smith on the inside when it appeared the breaks locked up and Boyd slid up into Smith causing them both to spin and collecting Wayne Anderson who had nowhere to go. Boyd was sent to the rear and the green came out again and it was Steve gill that was charging through the field up into third and trying to make the pass on Anderson for second. Drivers were battling through the field, some moving forward like Eddie King While others started to slip backward like Bobby Shelton. Gill made the move on Anderson to take over second on lap 71 and with the five to go sign Anderson had a little left and moved back around Gill to take back the second spot. Mike Smith came home in first with Wayne Anderson second and Steve Gill third.

Road Warriors are always a fan favorite as they get after it doing what they need to do to get to the front. Shane Leonard was the one that got the jump and started out as the leader but had Chris Scott racing him hard for the lead. Scott had the outside of Leonard for several laps as they ran side by side and it was sometimes to close to call who crossed first but Scott had the lead once as they crossed on lap 21. When the checkers came out it was Shane Leonard that was first but Chris Loney put the moves on Scott to cross the line second and Scott was third.

Pro Trucks had double points night and besides an early caution on the first lap they were racing caution free till two laps to go when the 14 of Michael Burns blew up and also set fast time.

Steve Darvalics was on the pole and jumped out to an early lead and never looked back while the real battles were going on behind him. The 25 of Darrin McCury ran in the second spot for a few laps till Travis Gossard passed in on lap twelve and then the caution with two to go. After the track was cleaned from all the oil put down by Burns, it was a two lap dash to the finish line. On the restart Kelli Burns passed Gossard for second and with one to go it was Whitney Poole that pass Gossard to finish third.

Page 2 of 4 | Previous page | Next page