Road Warrior Rules
Road Warrior Rules
If these rules do not say you can do it then don’t do it! Be sure to check the general rules. All interpretation by the track are final. You are responsible to know the track’s position on rules. Ignorance is no excuse! OEM stock Parts or OEM Stock replacement parts only NO high performance parts. (Car and parts must remain stock unless it is spelled out in these rules that the stock parts can be changed. Stock means the way it came from the factory) if you are not sure ask before changing parts.
1. Any 1970 or newer American sedan with a minimum wheelbase allowed is 104”weight 3300 with original driver. No sub compact sports cars or pony cars (Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, etc.) allowed. Maximum Left Side weight is 53.0. No tolerance. Ride Height 5 inches.
1. Complete stock body for year, make and model. May use sheet metal or Alunimum but body must look stock.
2. Car body must be strictly stock. No modifications or alterations of any kind except as outlined below.
3. Removal of interior parts which can be removed. No cutting of any panels allowed. Any interior part that is flammable must be removed. All exterior trim must be removed. Dash can be removed.
4. Left and right may be gutted for roll bars. Minimum of 4 bars on driver’s side. Three (3) bars on passenger side. Four (4) door cars may remove center door posts for safety.
5. Hood must have three (3)Hood pins in front and two (2) hood pins in rear if hinges are not used. Hood and trunk lid can be gutted may use pins for trunk lid also instead of hinges. No holes in hood.
6. Inner front fender panels may be removed. Fenders may be trimmed for tire clearance.
7. Complete floor pan must be retained.
8. Trunk floor may be gutted to the center of the rear axle.
9. Stock factory brake pedal must be mounted in original factory stock location.
10. The window channel on the front doors of a sedan style body may be removed. All other windows posts must remain as placed by manufacturer in original location.
11. All glass or plastic must be removed.
12. Side windows okay. Drivers and passenger window must remain open with the exception of the window net.
13. No spoilers.
14. May use pipe bumpers and radiator support okay. Maximum 1%”od .095 wall pipe with 1 top loop and 2 rearward braces that must stop in front of A frame. No sharp edges.
Chassis and Suspension:
1. OEM suspension Front and Rear. Completely factory stock.
2. Camber 5 degrees maximum measured by track.
3. Stock OEM or OEM stock Replacement shock:
A. Racing shocks the following may be used but must be stock looking and in stock location may use Pro or AFCO only.
4. OEM stock springs or OEM stock replacement springs. You may run any OEM spring you want left to right in width diameter. But there can be only 2 inches difference in the height of them with your spacer. NO RACING SPRINGS.
5. Upper control arms OEM or may use tubular control arms.
1. Stock for make and model. GM 350, Chrysler 360, Ford 351.max. All fords will be allowed 351 cubic inches. Metric cars will be allowed 350 cubic inches. No Small Block 400’s. Engines must remain strickly stock as produced by manufacturer. No modification of any kind unless outlined herein. Must have toe strap.
2. No high performance engine of any kind. No high performance parts of any kind. No air boxes.
3. Heads 73cc minimum.
4. Throttle toe strap is mandatory. Linkage must have two (2) return springs.
5. An engine kill switch must be mounted in the window net area and easily accessible by the driver and from the outside of the car.
6. The switch must be clearly marked “ignition switch”and show on and off position.
7. No grinding on any part of engine or components. No angle milling.
8. Maximum over bore allowed .060 and must be stock stroke + /-.010
9. OEM pulley. Or aluminum pulley.
10. Maximum cam lift is .450 theoretical valve lift.
11. Carburetor-500 CFM 4412 Holly 1inch Adapter Plate.
Must have double return spring.
12. Replacement screw in studs are o.k. poly locks o.k.
13. Any valve covers.
14. OEM four eyebrow flat top pistons o.k.
15. Any solid metal air cleaner top.
16. Aftermarket aluminum radiator o.k.
17. After market power steering pump okay.
18. Three (3) angle valve job okay. Final cut no greater than 75 degree.
No back cut, tulip, neck down, Stainless valves. Bronze guides o.k.
19. All internal components must not exceed factory OEM specs. It is yuur responsibility to provide factory data to back up specs.
1. Rear end must be strickly stock for make and model of car. Welded rear end O.K.
2. Must have stock 350 turbo automatic transmission with all gears working. Factory type mount.
3. Engine location – in stock position for make and model in factory mounts.
4. No posi or limited slip locked rear ends by welding. Spider gear only, Mini spool O.K.
5. Drive shaft must be painted white or bright color and include the car number. Drive shaft loop will be a 5 inch diameter steel loop. 1inch wide ¼ inch thick. It must be securely mounted to the frame 12 inches from the front universal. Must have one on rear drive shaft from its mount.
Wrapping duck tape around the extinguisher or any other material that will prohibit that easy removal of the extinguisher is not acceptable.
6. A single quick release, 4 point harness (minimum 3 inch belts) dated 2006or newer is required in all vehicles. All belts and installation shall be approved by the safety officials. Sternum straps are O.K. All required belts must be in use at any time the car is in motion on the track. Racing harness must be attached to roll cage.
7. Window nets are required on the driver’s side of the car and must securely mounted. Nets must latch at the top and be operational from inside and outside of the car. Drivers must be able to get out of either side of the car in case of emergency.
8. Aluminum racing seats mandatory.
9. Battery shall be secured to frame of car and must be encased. The lead ballast must be painted with car number and secured with one ½ inch bolt per 50 lbs. It is your responsibility to make sure your ballast stays in your car for everyone’s safety. Loose ballast on the track is not acceptable.
10. Fuel Cells are mandatory.
A. Securely mounted behind driver and behind rear firewall.
1. Manifold-stock OEM manifold only. Exhaust pipe must exit pass the driver and no larger 2 1/2 inches all the way.
2. No center dump exhaust manifold.
3. Must have over the counter mufflers, or Glass packs. Flow master, cherry bomb.
1. No additives allowed.
2. Cutting the trunk for the fuel cell is permitted. Fuel Cell must be in gauge steel compartment.
A. No rigid filler spouts shall pass through body. Fuel cell must be contained in an approved steel container. All fuel cells must have check valve in vent line.
B. Fuel cells must a minimum of 7 inch off the ground and rear protection
bar minimum 1%” .095 bar, 2 straps minimum1 inch width, Surrounding the entire fuel cell. Fuel cells must be bolted. NO RIVETS-NO SHEET METAL SCREWS.
3. All cars must have a front and rear tow hook up. We are not responsible for damage to your car.
4. All cars must have a clear windshield that the driver can be able to see through. And have number on the passenger side top of windshield at least 4 inches.
5. All cars must have a radiator over flow can. Water is the only acceptable
6. Will not allow any rough driving on the track, If you cannot pass the car fair then don’t try. Any driver that rough drives will be black flagged. Racing is racing and there will be some bumping. But we will not tolerate any driver pushing a car out the way to go to the front. No pushing a car down the back or front or straight away.
The track reserves the right to add weight at its discretion for the fairness of competition.
1. Stock factory OEM 4 wheel working brakes only. No brakes bias devices of any kind.
Wheels and Tires:
1. Maximum 8 inch wheels any stock offset or 2 inch maximum offset from side to side.
2. Minimum 7/16 inch studs with 1 inch lug nuts on all four (4) wheels.
3. Tires must not exceed 2 inch from fender wells.
1. P.G.S. Officials may inspect any car and, Or equipment at any time for compliance. All cars must have initial safety inspection each season before they race.
2. All required safety equipment and apparel must be in use while the car is on the race track.
A. Racing helment with min. Snell 95 rating. Neck brace recommended. Fire suit with sfi min. rating of “i”. No holes or torn fire suits allowed. Fire resistant gloves, shoes, and socks must be worn at all times car is on track.
3. A minimum 4 point roll cage must be steel pipe or tubing, a minimum
Of 1 Vz (1.50inch) outside diameter with minimum .095 inch wall thickness. No square tubing or galvanized pipe allowed. No exceptions !! Roll bar padding required around driver. Bars may pass through front and rear firewall. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
4. All cars must have a fire extinguisher (minimum 2 lbs.) securely mounted within easy reach of driver. The mounting must be in such a way that the driver can quickly remove it.
The track retains the right to modify or append any rules it deems necessary to allow orphaned racers to be able to race at the track competitively but not to give them an unfair advantage.
A. Its your responsibility to bring proof of your specs to prove any difference in tech. If you bring no proof if there is any difference from what the track has, and what you claim tech will always be the winner. (you should have proof of what’s on your carat all times in your records.)
B. All vehicles with enclosed front ends and bumpers are required to have a hook or chain loop device, to allow hooking by a wrecker, capable of supporting the weight of the vehicle when lifted. This procedure must capable of being carried out without raising the hood. If a wrecker comes to you to tow you and you do not have a cable or chain, you will be disqualified for the night.
READ THE GENERAL RULES AND KNOW THEM